Redbox Bowl Ticket Scavenger Hunt Contest
- Eligibility: The Redbox Bowl Ticket Scavenger Hunt Contest (the “Contest”) is open only to entrants who are legal residents of the United States. Entrants must be located in one of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia to be eligible. Employees of Redbox Automated Retail LLC, the National Football League, its member clubs, NFL Ventures, Inc., NFL Ventures, L.P., NFL Properties LLC, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, shareholders, officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees (collectively, the “NFL Entities”) or other companies associated with the promotion of the Contest, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Contest is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited.
- Sponsor: The Contest is sponsored by Forty Niners Stadium Management Company LLC (the “Sponsor”).
- Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in the Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these rules (“Official Rules”) and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Entry Period: The Contest runs from 12:00 pm PT on December 18, 2019 until 2:00 pm PT on December 18, 2019 (the “Entry Period”). Entries that are submitted before or after the Entry Period will be disqualified.
- How to Enter: There is no purchase necessary to enter or win. At the beginning of the Entry Period, the official Redbox Bowl Twitter Account will post a tweet (the “Tweet’) with a clue describing the location of the winning Redbox kiosk (the “Kiosk”). To enter, an entrant must appear at the Kiosk during the Entry Period and show the Tweet to the Sponsor’s representative who will be posted at the Kiosk and who will be wearing Redbox Bowl merchandise (the “Representative”). THERE IS A LIMIT OF ONE (1) ENTRY PER PERSON.
Sponsor Ownership of Entries: All entries and materials submitted to Sponsor in connection with the promotion (collectively, “Entry Materials”), along with all copyright, trademark and other proprietary rights associated therewith, become the property of Sponsor upon submission, and Entry Materials will not be returned to any entrant. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, entrant acknowledges that Sponsor will own all rights to use, modify, reproduce, publish, perform, display, distribute, make derivative works of and otherwise commercially and noncommercially exploit the Entry Materials in perpetuity and throughout the universe, in any manner or medium now existing or hereafter developed, without separate compensation to entrant or any other person or entity. Entrant agrees to take, at Sponsor’s expense, any further action (including, without limitation, execution of affidavits and other documents) reasonably requested by Sponsor to effect, perfect or confirm Sponsor’s ownership rights as set forth above in this paragraph.
Original Work of Authorship. Entrant hereby warrants and represents that (a) he/she owns all rights to all Entry Materials submitted by entrant; and (b) all such Entry Materials are original works of authorship on entrant’s part and have not been copied, in whole or in part, from any other work and do not violate, misappropriate or infringe any copyright, trademark or other proprietary right of any other person or entity.
- Selection Criteria: The Sponsor will select One (1) winner. The winner shall be the first entrant who appears at the Kiosk and shows the Tweet to the Representative during the Entry Period. If a potential winner cannot be reached at time of first contact or is not eligible or does not wish to accept the Prize (as defined below), the Sponsor may disqualify that potential winner and select an alternate potential winner in his/her place from the remaining entries received.
- Representations and Warranties: By participating in the Contest, entrant each agree to the rules herein and represent and warrant that his or her submission does not defame or invade the rights or privacy of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any third party’s personal or proprietary rights.
- Requirements of Potential Winners: A potential winner may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release (the “Affidavit/Release”) where permitted by law within forty-eight (48) hours of being notified. If a potential winner fails to sign and return the Affidavit/Release within the required time period, he/she will be disqualified and an alternate entrant may be selected in his/her place.
- Prizes: One (1) winner will receive two tickets to the 2019 Redbox Bowl (the “Prize”).
The Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the Prize is $118.00. All prize details will be determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. Prizes are not transferable or refundable and must be accepted as awarded by Winner, unless authorized in writing by Sponsor. No cash or other substitution may be made, except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize (or component thereof) with another prize (or component thereof) of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. Winner is responsible for all costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance. Prizes will be reported as income to the Winner and the Winner will be responsible for all federal, state and local taxes associated with the receipt of any prize.
- Privacy and Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes an entrant’s consent to the Sponsor’s use of his/her name, likeness, voice, opinions, biographical information, and state of residence for promotional purposes in any media without further payment or consideration. Furthermore, participation in the contest constitutes and entrant’s assignment of any rights in the entry to the Sponsor, including, by way of example only, any copyright or artist’s rights. The information submitted will be available to the San Francisco 49ers and its sponsors, partners, and affiliates. For more information on how this information may be used by them, please read their respective Privacy Notices, which can be found at http://www.49ers.com/about-us/privacy-policy.html.
- General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Contest is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either (a) suspend the Contest to address the impairment and then resume the Contest in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules or (b) award the prize from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment in accordance with the criteria outlined in Section 6. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure by the Sponsor to enforce any provision of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Contest, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, the NFL Entities, and each of their parent, officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) any error that may prevent an entrant from submitting an entry; (b) unauthorized human intervention in the Contest; (c) printing errors; (d) lost or late entries; (e) errors in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; (f) alleged or actual violations of rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional; (g) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer- or communications-related malfunctions or failures; or (h) injury, death, or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt of any prize, whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Contest, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
- IF ENTRANT IS A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT, ENTRANT WAIVES CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE SECTION 1542, WHICH STATES: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS THAT THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE AND THAT, IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER, WOULD HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR OR RELEASED PARTY” (OR ANY EQUIVALENT STATUTORY PROVISION WITH A SIMILAR IMPORT OR INTENT). IF ENTRANT IS A RESIDENT OF A STATE OTHER THAN CALIFORNIA, ENTRANT EXPLICITLY WAIVES THE TERMS AND PROTECTIONS OF ANY STATUTE OF HIS/HER STATE THAT HAS A SIMILAR IMPORT OR INTENT.
- Disputes: Except where prohibited, any controversy, claim or dispute arising out of this Contest (including without limitation any controversy, claim or dispute arising from Entrant’s dealings with third-party sponsors for products and/or services promoted in, awarded in, linked or otherwise associated with the Contest (each such third-party sponsor, a “Third Party Sponsor”)) (collectively, “Claims”) shall be resolved by final and binding arbitration. Such arbitration shall take place in Santa Clara County, California, and shall be administered by a single arbitrator pursuant to the JAMS Comprehensive Arbitration Rules and Procedures. The Contest shall be governed under the laws of the State of California, without regarding to conflicts of law principles to the contrary. In order to keep costs down for both Sponsor and entrant, hearings may, at Sponsor’s request, be conducted telephonically or entirely upon submissions. Entrant expressly consents to the exercise of jurisdiction and venue by the state and federal courts located in Santa Clara County, California. In addition to the above, entrant waives the right to bring any Claim as a class action, consolidated, multi-district or collective action, or private attorney general action. Entrant also agrees not to participate in any class action, consolidated, multi-district or collective action, or private attorney general action regarding any Claim. If Sponsor prevails in any arbitration or proceeding hereunder, Sponsor shall be entitled to recover, in addition to all other available legal and equitable relief, its legal costs, including attorneys’ fees. Entrant acknowledges and agrees that each Third Party Sponsor will be deemed a “Sponsor” and a third-party beneficiary of the terms and conditions set forth in this paragraph.
- Contest Results: To request a winners list, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Redbox Bowl Ticket Scavenger Hunt Contest, 4949 Marie P. DeBartolo Way, Santa Clara, CA. 95054. Requests must be received within three (3) weeks of the end of the Entry Period. VT residents omit postage.
- Severability: These Official Rules for the Contest are severable, and if any portion is determined invalid or unenforceable by a body of competent jurisdiction, the remaining portions will remain valid, enforceable and in effect to the fullest extent consistent with applicable law.