Alcohol management teams are deployed within Levi’s® Stadium to enforce compliance with law and stadium policies.
Levi’s® Stadium prohibits all bags, backpacks and other carriers from being brought into the stadium with the following exceptions:
- Approved clear bags no larger than 12” x 6” x 12”. These include the following clear bags:
- Clear Backpacks
- Clear Fanny Packs
- Clear Bags
- Clear Purses
- One gallon clear plastic zip lock type bags
- Small Clutch Bag (the size of an adult hand) (4.5” x 6.5”)
- Seat Cushion
Please note, the stadium bag policy will be enforced for all stadium events including concerts, matches and 49ers home games, unless otherwise noted. Should you have any questions regarding the bag policy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
COMPLIMENTARY BAG CHECK
All approved bags are subject to inspection upon entry and are subject to additional inspections within the stadium.
Guests with bags or items that do not satisfy the Levi’s® Stadium Bag Policy are encouraged to return their bags or items to their vehicle. If a guest does not have access to their vehicle then they are welcome to bring their prohibited bag to one of the Stadium’s complimentary, bag check-in stations where they may empty their bag and carry the contents in a clear zipper style gallon size freezer bag. The bag check-in station will hold guests’ empty prohibited bag for the duration of the event. These bag check-in stations are located in front of Intel Gate A and Toyota Gate F. The bag check-in stations close one hour after the conclusion of the event.
If you do not claim a checked item at the conclusion of an event, please send us a claim through the Lost and Found section.
Code of Conduct
LEVI’S® STADIUM PROMOTES AN ENVIRONMENT WHERE GUESTS CAN ENJOY THEIR GAME DAY EXPERIENCE FREE FROM ANY OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Obscene or abusive language and/or behavior
- Fighting, taunting, or threatening remarks and/or gestures
- Smoking (in non-designated smoking areas)
- Gang activity, including, but not limited to, wearing or displaying gang-affiliated clothing or other indicia of affiliation
- Offensive clothing
- Any distraction to the progress of the game or event
- Throwing objects of any kind
- Occupying any seat without the appropriate ticket
- Mistreatment of visiting team fans or guests, including verbal abuse, harassment, profanity, confrontations, intimidation, or other threatening behavior
- Failure to follow the directions of law enforcement, security, ushers, ticket takers or any other Levi’s® Stadium personnel
- Violations of any Levi’s® Stadium policies, local City of Santa Clara ordinances, state, or federal laws
- Other actions that cause a disruption and/or hinder the enjoyment of the event
- Any behavior that impairs the safety and/or enjoyment of the event from other guests.
- Committing any of the above listed violations may result in ejection from the stadium, prohibition from attending future events, and/or arrest.
Guests should immediately report violations of the Levi’s® Stadium Code of Conduct using one the following methods:
- Contact stadium ushers, security personnel or law enforcement officer.
- Text “SUPPORT” to 69050 with description of issue and location.
- Call Guest Services Office at (408) 579-4600.
- Use LiveSafe for more efficient responses
We thank you in advance for your cooperation and assistance in maintaining a safe and enjoyable atmosphere at Levi’s® Stadium.
Levi’s® Stadium is dedicated to providing a high quality entertainment experience. Guests who violate the Code of Conduct may be ejected. Levi’s® Stadium has adopted an escalating scale of enforcement for Code of Conduct violations. Ejections are documented and anyone ejected from the stadium may banned from future Levi’s® Stadium events. The purpose of this policy is to help ensure that all Levi’s® Stadium guests enjoy a positive event day experience.
DHS Safety Act Designation
The Security program at Levi’s® Stadium has been evaluated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and awarded a Safety Act Designation. DHS describe the Levi’s® Stadium Security Program as a comprehensive, integrated security program comprised of security policies and procedures, physical and electronic security measures, tools, and personnel. The program is designed to detect, deter, prevent and respond to, and mitigate Acts of Terrorism.
Fan Complaint Investigation
All complaints and/or reports of bad fan behavior are investigated and appropriate actions, up to and including season ticket revocation, are undertaken.
No person, including off-duty peace officers, shall bring into or possess within Levi’s® Stadium any firearm or dangerous weapon, including, but not limited to, knives, impact weapons, chemical agents, or electronic control devices (e.g., Tasers, stun guns).
How To Report Guest Behavior Problems
Levi’s® Stadium guests are encouraged to report unruly guest behavior by contacting the nearest stadium personnel or by texting keyword “SUPPORT” and then a message that includes description of the issue and the location to 69050.
All complaints of bad guest behavior are investigated and appropriate actions, up to and including season ticket revocation, are undertaken.
About the LiveSafe App
Click here to download the LiveSafe app on Google Play. | Click here to download the LiveSafe app on the App Store.
LiveSafe is a comprehensive mobile safety solution that allows the stadium to stay more closely connected with their employees and guests on safety and security related issues. Visit the App Store or Google Play and search for LiveSafe. Watch the new process to sign up here.
New LiveSafe App Registration Adds Additional Security
Based on your feedback, we’ve enhanced the registration process by requiring a verified email address for all LiveSafe users. Additionally, new users will experience a user-tested on-boarding process to learn more about the app quickly and securely. The new sign-up process will:
- Get users connected to your school quickly, easily, and securely
- Explain how the app uses location to keep people safe
- Reassure users that they can remain anonymous
- Provides an overview of how and why to use the app
- Enhance security and validity of user information
Communicate efficiently to the Levi’s® Stadium Control Room
- Report GPS-tagged information and tips to the Control Room for immediate resolution.
- Two-way chat with the control room
- Make emergency calls to the 49ers SST
- Submit service requests
- Receive broadcast alerts via push notification, text, and email to provide timely information and instructions
Download the 49ers SST LiveSafe app today:
- Visit the App Store or Google Play and search for LiveSafe
- Download and register with your 49ers or other corporate email address
- Choose “49ers SST @ Levi’s Stadium” as your organization
Parking Lot Security
Levi’s® Stadium parking lots are patrolled by the Santa Clara Police Department and Landmark Security personnel. Lighting towers are used for events that occur at night.
Permitted and Prohibited
All individuals and their belongings are subject to search. The following information is subject to change without notice.
Fans with medical bags or items they must carry with them must be inspected and have a wristband or sticker placed on it to show that it has been inspected. PLEASE ARRIVE EARLIER TO AVOID LAST MINUTE GATE PRESSURE.
The following ARE PERMITTED in the stadium during Levi’s® Stadium Events:
- Bags that comply with the Bag Policy (see Bag Policy above)
- Binoculars shorter than 6 inches (case prohibited)
- Cameras with 3-inch lenses or shorter (no lights, tripods, selfie-sticks or monopods)
- Diaper bags accompanying a child
- Flags smaller than 2’ x 3’ (No Poles)
- Plastic water bottles (factory sealed, no-alcohol, less than 24 ounces)
- Reusable transparent water bottles (no-alcohol, less than 24 ounces)
- Plastic water bottles (sealed) and thermoses (no alcohol)
- Seat cushions
- Strollers (contact the nearest Playmaker if in need of storing)
- Sunscreen & hand-powered misters
- Umbrellas (no obstruction of other fans view)
The following ARE PROHIBITED in the stadium:
- Aerosol cans
- Alcoholic beverages
- Bags that violate the Bag Policy (see Bag Policy above)
- Cameras with lenses larger than 3-inches (lights, tripods, selfie-sticks and monopods are also prohibited)
- Cans, glass bottles or alcoholic beverages
- Drugs & Drug paraphernalia, marijuana & marijuana products
- Coolers (including soft-sided coolers)
- Glow sticks, light-up costumes, light-up signs, battery packs
- Hoods, masks, or the like or objects to cover one’s face (medical & religious articles exempt)
- Intoxication or signs of impairment related to alcohol or drugs
- Irresponsible drinking or behavior
- Klaxons, bullhorns, whistles or any other noisemakers
- Laptops and Laptop Bags
- Laser pointers of any type
- Offensive clothing
- Plastic bottles larger than 24 ounces
- Projectiles (footballs, Frisbees, etc.)
- Selfie Sticks
- Signs, banners or poles
- UAVs (unmanned aerial vehicles)
- Weapons of any kind (including silverware).
Anyone possessing PROHIBITED items will be asked to return them to their cars, take them to one of our Bag Check stations or dispose of them in the garbage cans provided at the gate.
Levi’s® Stadium has an extensive security plan in place that utilizes both private security and Santa Clara Police Department personnel.
Tailgating is not permitted after kickoff. Any fans loitering in parking lots after the beginning of the game will be asked to leave the lot. The parking lot will not open to the general public any earlier than four hours prior to kickoff. Police will cite cars that stage outside parking lots before they open. Please visit www.levisstadium.com/parking
to view all of the parking lots approved for tailgating.
- All persons, two years of age or older must have a ticket for admittance.
- All Guests are encouraged to be in possession of their own ticket at all times.
- Ticket holders may upload game tickets onto a mobile device using the official Levi’s® Stadium Mobile App.
- 49ers Season Ticket Members can reprint game tickets by utilizing the Levi’s® Stadium Mobile App, or via the 49ers Account Manager at www.49ers.com/myaccount .
- Guests should have their tickets ready to scan upon approaching the stadium entry gates. The ticket barcode must be visible no matter the ticket type (mobile app, traditional, or TicketFast/print-at-home).
- Guests should be prepared to present their ticket upon entering the seating area.
- Guests with ticket related problems should visit the remote box office booths located at the entry gates located in front of Intel Gate A, Dignity Health Gate C, or the Visa Box Office located at the north end of the stadium inside Toyota Gate F.
- Lost or stolen tickets may only be replaced through the season ticket member of record.
- Tickets obtained from sources other than the San Francisco 49ers or its authorized agencies may be lost or stolen and in such cases will NOT be honored.