2015 Sports Facility of the Year & 2015 Venue of the Year
Levi’s® Stadium is the Home of the San Francisco 49ers and the premier sports and entertainment venue in the world. Levi’s® Stadium is known for being the most high-tech stadium in the world and was officially recognized as Sports Facility of the Year by Sports Business Journal in May of 2015, and followed that award one month later by being named Venue of Year by the The Stadium Business Awards in Barcelona, Spain.
Levi’s® Stadium was designed by HNTB and built by Turner/Devcon for the Santa Clara Stadium Authority. The structure takes advantage of our Silicon Valley climate and is predominantly open and airy, while also environmentally friendly.
Levi’s® Stadium is the next generation of stadium design. The $1.2 billion venue has 1.85 million square feet, seats approximately 68,500 and features 165 luxury suites and 8,500 club seats. One of the most unique features of the facility is the green roof atop the suite tower on the west side of the stadium. The three solar bridges, connecting the main parking area to the stadium, will include hundreds of solar panels.
The Home of the San Francisco 49ers and much more:
- Kenny Chesney
- Luke Bryan
- The Grateful Dead
- Taylor Swift
- NHL Stadium Series
- Super Bowl 50
On February 7, 2016, Levi’s® Stadium and the Bay Area hosted Super Bowl 50.
Bourbon Steak features elements of a modern American steakhouse, showcasing creative interpretations of classic dishes by utilizing the highest quality ingredients, the freshest local seafood and innovative vegetable sides.
Bourbon Pub offers a casual atmosphere serving reinvented pub fare, from our famous Nachos and Warm Soft Pretzels, to our Fish & Chips and The Gold Rush Burger.
Featuring 11 unique gallery and exhibit spaces, the 49ers Museum presented by Sony is a 20,000 square foot facility dedicated to the 49ers past, present and future.The Museum is dedicated to its values of education, innovation and heritage and is committed to serving as an exciting, engaging home for fans of all ages.
Tours are available most days from 10am – 6pm on Mondays through Saturdays (with the last tour leaving at 4:30pm) and 10am – 5pm on Sundays (with the last tour leaving at 3:30pm) rain or shine. Tours depart from Intel Gate A and last approximately 90 minutes.
Levi’s® Stadium is the first stadium to host an NFL team with LEED Gold certification. Visitors and guests may view a live dashboard display featuring current energy measurements, water and air monitors, and other dynamic green features as the building operates daily. The dashboard is located inside Levi’s® Stadium in between the 49ers Museum Presented By Sony and 49ers Team Store.
– Sustainability Features –
- As of February 2014, the stadium had earned 41 points (39 is required for Gold certification).
- The stadium is located on a sustainable site with accessible public transportation and bike path to lower greenhouse gases.
- The stadium will self-consume PV-electricity generated from its three NRG Energy solar-paneled pedestrian bridges and its one solar-paneled roof deck—the NRG Solar Terrace.
- 100% of the wood used in the Citrix Owners Suites is reclaimed wood from a local airplane hangar at Moffett Field in Mountain View, CA.
- The stadium is using recycled and reclaimed building products where possible.
- The stadium features a 27,000 square foot “Green Roof” on the top of the stadium’s suite tower.
- The stadium utilizes recycled water for the cooling tower makeup, flushing devices, cooling roof, field and landscape irrigation.
- The stadium’s concessionaire is focused on working with local suppliers to fulfill its farm-to-table menus, and will be composting and recycling to the greatest extent possible.